Starting today, August Mack and EFS employees will begin raising money for United Way. We participate in daily activities and contests within our offices, with the main goal at the end of the week, to raise money to benefit an organization that helps individuals around the world. United Way works to help people to succeed in every walk of life from, newborns to seniors, the United Way cares about everyone. Some of their main programs, that they put the most emphasis on, are:
- Born Learning – A program that helps kids start school ready to succeed.
- MyFreeTaxes.org – A website to provide free tax preparation services to young adults and anyone making less than $60,000 a year.
- 2-1-1 – A confidential health and human services hotline that can be accessed from any computer or phone.
- Play60 – In partnership with the NFL, they work to give all kids access to healthy food and lots of exercise.
- End Human Trafficking – They provide a safe haven and protection for victims of human trafficking, but their ultimate goal is to put an end to the terrible act.
- Aging Initiative – A program to ensure that seniors and their caregivers get the right support and can live life to the fullest.
The above are just some of the many programs that United Ways across the world implement to make the lives of everyone better. If you would like to learn more about the United Way, Click Here. To find your local United Way or find ways to give, Click Here.